IDCS, the International Deaf Children's Society, is the only UK based development organisation dedicated to enabling deaf children to overcome poverty and isolation worldwide.
The World Health Organisation estimates that 80% of the world's 278 million deaf people live in developing countries and 25% became deaf as children. Only 10% of deaf children living in developing countries receive any education at all.
We work with partners in the countries where need is greatest throughout the world and our sister organisation is the National Deaf Children's Society (NDCS)
in the UK.
We support the creation of local, national and global family-led movements to campaign for positive change for deaf children and young people.
We are IDCS
- We are a catalyst for change
- We empower families
- We work with partners on community-based projects
- We are a network of organisations and individuals committed to sharing information and learning
- We are an advocate for deaf children’s rights
- We work with all types of organisations to include deaf children in their work